NDIS Budget Boost 2019
What does the $850 million NDIS boost mean to you?
The recent federal budget announcement included a major funds injection for the NDIS by the government from July 2019. This cash injection will accommodate price increases for NDIS service providers such as therapists, carers and community programs.
The major talking points from the budget proposal include:
- Social services Minister Paul Fletcher announced the NDIS to be boosted by $850 million.
- The $850 million will be funded from unspent NDIS funds.
- A challenge the NDIS sector experiences is unrealistic pricing limits. The limit set the maximum prices that providers can charge NDIS participants for specific supports.
- This boost in funding will give providers more financial support, which will enable greater longevity to be able to sustain providing the supports to the NDIS participants. Considered in the increase has been an analysis of “market trends, cost in wages and other influences” Paul Fletcher – Minister for Families and Social Services.
- From July, support price limits in the ACT, NSW, QLD and VIC will rise from $179 to $210 an hour for psychology services and from $179 to $190 an hour for physiotherapy services. In the remaining states and territories, support limits will increase from $179 to $230 an hour for psychology services and from $179 to $220 an hour for physiotherapy services.
- Care providers will be eligible for a temporary transformation payment to help cover the costs of entering the NDIS market.
- It is estimated more than 90,000 new jobs will be created over the next five years to accommodate the expected growth.
- The boost will help participants have greater choice and control over their choice of provider with more providers now being able to financially stay in the NDIS sector and new providers entering.
Amid the confusion and deception that goes hand in hand with pre-election budgets and promises, the only important question is, “What does the NDIS boost mean for you?” If you’re confused as to how this may affect your existing NDIS plan and whether you’re eligible for increased funding, why not talk to the team at Instacare? Our NDIS Plan Management and Service Team are happy to discuss any questions you may have and can review your current plan.