The New NDIS Price Guide for 2018-2019
The NDIA have released the new NDIS Price Guide, which will come into effect as of Sunday, 1 July 2018.
There are increased maximum prices across the board with some new items and changes to provider travel and cancellations.
SOME EXAMPLE PRICE INCREASES
- Weekday Carer – increases from $44.72 to $48.14 per hour
- House/Yard Maintenance – increases from $43.94- $46.20 per hour
- House Cleaning – increases from $39.40 to $41.43 per hour
- Individual Therapy – increases from $175.57 to$179.26 per hour
- A new item, titled ‘Community Engagement Assistance’ has been provided and is defined as a “Program to empower participants and improve interactions between participants and their social networks. Assistance to engage effectively in the community through a group approach to help achieve goals, gain insight into their lives and make informed decisions.”
- New ratio and core support tables have been provided in the price guide for many sections.
- Providers can now charge up to 90% of the service booking price for short notice cancellations, which is defined as post 3pm the day before, but only up to a maximum of 12 per year for Core supports and 6 hours per year for therapy.
- Providers can negotiate with participants to pay for the cost of their transport in addition to the carer’s time.
HOW DOES THIS CHANGE YOUR NDIS PLAN?
Your NDIS budgets and service bookings will be automatically adjusted to account for the increase in prices. So you are not negatively impacted by this price increase. These adjustments will reflect the additional costs that each individual participant will incur as a result of the increase in maximum prices.
HOW DOES THIS CHANGE THE COST OF OUR SERVICES?
These price increases will apply to all Instacare services. This applies only at the time of commencing services with Instacare or when changing from one plan to the next. You are never out-of-pocket for our services, so there is no need to worry about your NDIS Plan Budgets covering the increases. Our new fees are outlined below:
Plan Management and Financial Capacity Building – Setup Costs – Once off per plan: $222.85
Plan Management – Financial Administration – Monthly: $100.18
Support Connection – Hourly Rate: $58.92
Coordination of Supports – Hourly Rate: $96.04
Specialised Support Coordination – Hourly Rate: $182.74
The new NDIS Price Guide can be found here: https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/pricing-and-payment
We look forward to supporting you through the NDIS.