5 frequently asked questions about NDIS plan management
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) enables you to access a wide range of services and supports to help you live well with your disability.
However, the NDIS can be confusing. It’s a large, complex scheme that uses many terms you won’t hear anywhere else.
One of those is plan management. So, what is it? And how does it help you?
1. What is NDIS plan management?
NDIS plan management is a service that helps you manage the funds in your NDIS plan.
You can choose to manage your funding in one of three ways:
- Manage the funds yourself – you take responsibility for paying providers and monitoring your budget yourself
- Get the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to manage your funds for you – this means you can only receive supports and services from NDIS-registered providers
- Appoint an NDIS plan manager (like Instacare) – this is a service provider who works with you to manage your funds
2. What are the benefits of NDIS plan management?
An NDIS plan manager can help you to:
- Increase your financial and plan management skills
- Learn how to self-manage your plan
- Pay providers
- Increase your choice of providers
- Get NDIS plan budget reports and greater budget oversight.
That has many benefits for you. Plan management can help you to:
- Make the most of your money – your plan manager ensures every invoice is paid on time and that you’re not overcharged
- Access the providers you want – with plan management, you can use both registered and non-registered NDIS providers
- Prepare for your plan review – your plan manager gives you a detailed breakdown of where your funds have been spent. That can help you make a case for the money you need next year
- Get on with your life – when you’re not burdened with all the NDIS paperwork, you can spend more time doing the things that bring you joy.
3. Sounds good but what will it cost me?
Not a single cent.
Tell the NDIA that you’d like a plan manager, they will provide funding in your plan to pay for it. This is separate from the other services and supports in your NDIS funding.
If you’ve decided you’d like a plan manager, then call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 to talk about it.
4. Can I choose any NDIS plan manager I want?
Yes. It’s worth choosing carefully because, ideally, you want a plan manager who’s a good fit for your needs and preferences.
Many businesses offer plan management services, including small family-run enterprises, accountancy firms and large disability service providers.
You want someone who’s easy to work with, who listens to you and who keeps close track of your money. They need to be trustworthy, capable and willing to support you through your NDIS journey.
5. Why should I choose Instacare as my plan manager?
Instacare is one of Australia’s leading NDIS plan managers, offering premium support and expert advice.
With us, you get:
- Confidence that your invoices will be paid on time
- We pay your providers within 3 working days
- A sense of control
- We provide periodic reports on your plan progress and notify you of every invoice processed
- Support from experienced NDIS experts
- We respond to your questions and concerns
- More choice
- We can pay any providers, even those that aren’t registered with the NDIS
- Greater convenience
- View your budget, spending and payments on-the-go using our InstaAPP
Get started with Instacare as your plan manager
If you’d like to benefit from our premium service, then all you need to do is complete our online form and we’ll be in touch.